CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Feelings Mutual.

From Pinterest

Quarter life crisis? I wouldn't necessarily call it a crisis, but I definitely have been way more introspective lately. Is this what everyone talks about? As I get older, I've become more observant, less naive, definitely stronger and thinking more about the bigger picture of my life.

It's a weird time being out of college and working a regular 9 to 5. At this age, relationships are only held up through a conscious, deliberate decision and effort to keep them alive. And I'm not just saying romantic, but also family and friend ties. It's so easy to just want to go home after work and not see a single face. It's even easier not to pick up the phone to call or text someone. It has definitely made me think about the true value and meaning of relationships/friendships, and who I value in my life...better yet, what kind of friend I myself am.

Maybe the holidays have made me nostalgic, but now that we're grown, it's a fact that we grow apart. We aren't the same people anymore and circumstances change, but this is definitely the time in life to know who is in it for the long run. To me, it's the little things that count. The little effort that lets me know the feeling's mutual. Just like a relationship, you want to know that the effort you put in is appreciated and reciprocated, otherwise, why stay in it?

Who do you want to surround yourself with? How do these people make you feel? -- definitely questions I ask myself. I guess as I get older, these questions appear more and more in my heart & mind because time is of the essence. If you're spending it with people who don't fulfill you, where else could you be spending that time?

Food for thought.

No comments: