CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, November 21, 2013

What Do You Value?



I don't ask myself this enough. I've been having a lot of introspective thoughts lately and I don't know if it's because I turned 25, but I guess this is one of those defining years that you begin to sort shit out. It's one of those things where you're getting old enough to know better and you have enough clarity to begin to create the life you want. Scary and exciting all at the same time but so necessary.

I crave direction & purpose and I feel like throwing all my eggs into my career threw that off for me a little. My life is defined by balance and finding purpose and direction only in my career just felt incomplete to me. I am constantly seeking ways to better myself as a person and I think it all begins by asking yourself those defining but TOUGH questions.

What do I value in other people? Am I surrounded by these people?
Time is precious, where am I spending it?  What are my goals?
What type of person do I want to remembered as?
How much of my time is spent on narcissistic things?
How do I spend my money?

Just so many questions.. Anyway, I just think it's really important to ask yourself these questions and stay focused & present on living the life you truly want for yourself. I think when you become distracted you lose your core purpose and the big picture of your life. Life doesn't just magically happen for you all the time, I truly think it takes knowing exactly who you are and what you want out of life.

No comments: