CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, September 16, 2011

What you let anger you, conquers you.

This simple quote that I came across while fiddling through tumblr has remained in my brain since I saw it. Allowing anyone or any single situation anger me is automatic permission to allow it to conquer me.

With that, I made a decision a month or two ago that acting out in anger/resentment takes SO much energy that I'm over it + I hate it. There is nothing good about letting your anger or PEOPLE get the best of you and surrendering your control over a situation because you can't control your emotions. I am human and have had my moments of anger and extreme frustration but now, whenever the situation arises, I literally go through this in my head...

..shut the fuck up for ONE second..
(I know us females, we CANNOT for the life of us stop! HAH!)
...calm down...
...think about what to say RATIONALLY...
...if its not good, don't proceed...
..if it is.. then proceed...

Especially in relationships, sometimes talking it out isn't so easy. Things get lost in translation, people get frustrated, we start to think that speaking louder will get our point across (hahaha, so wrong) but right now I'd rather be happy than always be right. Simple as that.

In friendships and dealing with people, so much can be solved without engaging in negativity. I find it so much easier to walk away from situations, clear my head and return when my emotions aren't ruling my actions.

As I write this, I ask myself, well does this mean you should give a sht less? I don't necessarily think its about caring less, I think its really about picking and choosing your battles. In that moment, I can ask myself, am I really going to make this persons problem MY problem or am I going to walk away and let them be until they get their shit together? Am I going to stoop to their level or am gonna keep it movin?

Anger is such a energy-waster and ESPECIALLY if people are trying to get a rise out of you ---nu-uhhh, ain't gonna happen. Time is so precious and I just won't waste any more time on negativity and buzzkills!

No comments: