CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, August 25, 2011

And so it begins...

Alot of changes in my life lately. Work, family, friends are going great, love...not so much. But today, I basked in my solitude and did what.ever I wanted to do, and it was exactly how I remembered it... peaceful, tranquil, untroubled. My mind finally felt at rest, without the noise.

I didn't have to answer to anyone. I roamed around and did whatever my fragile heart felt like doing.
  • I enjoyed the company of one of my best friends.. having deep conversations to silly ones over a delicious meal after work
  • I fell in love with books all over again and indulged on the one thing my parents taught me was okay to spoil myself silly with
  • I had a great day at work and for once, felt focused and ready and not sluggish and heavy-hearted over another argument that didn't disappear in the morning
Of course at the end of the day, it still hurts and it will probably hurt for a while but I had a talk with my Dad recently and he reminded me of my car accident that was 3 years ago. At the time, I was probably at what I consider now, my rock bottom. In the worst physical and emotional pain that I sincerely felt I would never get over. Now I look back on it, perfectly fine with only scars to remind me of my experience, like it was simply a moment in time. When I look back at the time that I thought I would never be able to put behind me, I did and I'm okay....

Whenever I feel down, I think of how i've always made it out okay... no matter what the situation & I'm stronger than any moment where I feel weak because as long as I don't go back to that rock bottom, then nothing can break..This too will be another moment in time that I'll look back on and give a huge sigh of relief that its passed.

So life goes on.. as it always has. My heart + soul are open for the next blessing and adventure that life has in store.

No comments: