CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

fashion vs. style

"I think personal style starts from within because it's a philosophy and an attitude. If you're honest and true to yourself, you will have the best sense of personal style. If you try and be someone else, it will never work because it's always very transparent when somebody is trying to mimic someone else. Less is always more with personal style. Just know yourself, know what works for you and be naturally confident in expressing that." --Stella McCartney

(shared from behind the seams) 


As I get older, I've become more and more aware and in tune with my personal style. It's probably one of the things I love about getting older and going through my 20s...that feeling of certainty about yourself in the abyss of other things you're still trying to figure out. I feel like high school was a lot of just fitting in and being too afraid to take that leap on something that makes yourself super different. I can recall certain people in high school who were different in a dope way, but I definitely wasn't one of them. College was more about seeing what was out there and picking and choosing what I liked about it.

I think it's true when people say that you are judged by what you wear and what your style is. As much as people don't like that, I really think your outward appearance reflects a lot about who you are, what you're into, what kind of vibe you want to give off .... but more importantly, how people will treat you.

Also, as I navigate my way through my 20s, I see fashion vs. style so much more clearer. A lot of people are fashionable and can rock what is in, but there are very few whom I admire for sincere style... and most of those women are the confident ones and the ones who try without being too contrived. They know what looks good on them and wear it confidently.... and aren't afraid to rock something that no one else is wearing... it's just them.

Anyway, I felt the need to write about style because I've become so aware and interested by it. I love classic women, I love well dressed confident women. that's all :)

No comments: